Thursday 14 April 2022

Adjusting

 The culture in Spain is similar in many ways to the culture in Chile so I have had practically no issues acclimating to Málaga. In fact, I can't think of a difficulty I might have encountered.


It is different to the culture in Dublin though. I have noticed that children are out with their parents until 21:00 or 22:00, whereas in Dublin children are usually in bed asleep at 20:00. In Málaga shops and nightclubs are open until much later than Dublin. The food here is very different to the food in Dublin. Here they use different seasonings and they have the famous tapas. I also think that here they are much more religious than in Dublin, and in Ireland in general, because during the duration of Easter week there is a parade on for hours which pays tribute to Jesus.


In my work placement I think I have fit in well so far. I was a bit worried before I started because I did not know if I would be well received and I did not know if I would like working in a laboratory since I had never worked in one before, but I get along well with my colleagues and supervisor, we collaborate without any major issues and I absolutely adore the work I have been doing and the things I have been learning. I am very happy with everything so far. 


I am very grateful to be fluent in Spanish because it has made the experience much more enriching than if I did not speak Spanish. It is great being able to talk to locals, to know how to get places and to confidently be able to learn in my work placement.


Here is a photo of a building within the Historical Centre area, of the Easter parade and one of Málaga Park:
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations and Tips to Make the Most of an Erasmus+ Trip

Okay, for starters, the language played a major role in the experience. I would highly recommend that one becomes familiar with the language...